[Michlib-l] Thermal Transfer Printers

Jessica Ishmael jishmael at lincolnlib.org
Tue Jul 27 14:10:46 EDT 2021

Our library currently uses direct thermal printers for cataloging/spine labels, but we are investigating investing in Thermal Transfer printers for longer-lasting-readability for our spine labels.

Any one with Thermal Transfer printers willing to share their experiences? What model(s) are you using? Is it worth the investment? We see vastly different pricing from DEMCO vs Amazon, same Zebra brand but different models... is there a difference in the product?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Jessica Ishmael
Director