[Michlib-l] Unvaccinated Staff

Nannette Miller erlib.director at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:47:35 EDT 2021

This has been a big frustration for me. I have one who is not vaccinated,
and will not get vaccinated. She also won't wear a mask. With the spike in
the Delta variant I am now encouraging all staff to wear a mask again, but
she won't if she doesn't have to. Otherwise she is a great employee, and a
very important part of our small staff. We are already short handed and I
just don't want to fire her. I'm not certain I even can since there is no
mask mandate. Suggestions?

Nannette Miller
Elk Rapids District Library

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 10:35 AM Cory Grimminck via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Now that all the COVID restrictions have been lifted and we only have to
> follow the (very vague and non-committal) OSHA rules, I was wondering what
> everyone is doing about unvaccinated staff.  Do you  make them wear a
> mask?  Do you try to separate them from the rest of your staff?  Or do you
> let them roam free?
>
> Thanks for any feedback you can give me,
> Cory Grimminck
> Director, Portland District Library

Nannette Miller | Director
Elk Rapids District Library