[Michlib-l] Recycling Books

Andrea Estelle aestelle at otsegolibrary.org
Fri Jun 18 09:19:53 EDT 2021

I should have included this on my previous email – we are also using Thrift Books! You can recycle books with them and they pay you half the commission after deducting shipping cost. We made about $600 on our first shipment of two pallets. A pallet is 25 boxes. It is a bit labor intensive but if you have the space to save 25 boxes at a time, you stack it on the pallet, wrap it, and their truck will come pick them up. Besides the stacking and wrapping part, it was pretty simple. We are also using that for Friends overflow and weeds. Nonfiction sells best. I also liked that anything Thriftbooks can’t sell they will send on to charities and prisons.

 <https://www.thriftbooks.com/library/> https://www.thriftbooks.com/library/

Andrea Estelle, MLIS

Brighten the Corner Where You Are!

Library Director  ·