[Michlib-l] Quarantining items

Cynthia Stanczak director at albionlibrary.org
Thu Jun 24 19:33:21 EDT 2021

We're still quarantining overnight.  At shift end, we empty our outdoor
drop box into the lobby drop box so that we know no new items have been
added and then at the start of the next shift we check them all in.  We've
temporarily increased the number of DVDs that our patrons can borrow at
once to accommodate the hold period.  It's working well for us.  Much of
the science assumed that 'other mitigation efforts' were still in place.
Most of those other efforts have been ended in the last month, so that
assumption no longer holds.  We're comfortable with the overnight now.  The
REALM results strongly indicated a significant decrease between
inoculation and T0 or T1, at least in ambient or warmer conditions.

Best wishes!

Cynthia Stanczak, MLS (she/her)
Library Director
Albion District Library
501 S. Superior St.
Albion, MI  49224
(517) 629-3993

Albion District Library: Transforming Minds, Changing Lives.
Proudly serving our community since 1919.
Online at www.albionlibrary.org, or find us on Facebook!

*My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obligated
to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.*