[Michlib-l] Business and Human resource Administrator Job Posting

Robyn Lowenstein rlowenstein at plymouthlibrary.org
Tue Jun 29 07:35:51 EDT 2021

The Plymouth District Library - job posting for full-time Business and Human Resource Administrator. See the posting below, or visit plymouthlibrary.org for more information.

Plymouth District Library – Job Posting
[ http://plymouthlibrary.org/ | http://plymouthlibrary.org ]
Business and HR Administrator
Full time – 40 hours per week
Schedule includes daytime, evening, and weekend hours
Salary $58,900.00 - $65,400.00

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a warm and friendly people-person to support our library administration. If you are thoughtful, proactive, and aligned with our institutional mission to serve our community, we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Human Resources or Accounting, pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate personal integrity in their work.

OUR LIBRARY AND COMMUNITY:
Plymouth District Library is located in busy downtown Plymouth, MI, midway between Detroit and Ann Arbor. We serve the Plymouth Community which is comprised of 36,650 residents living in the City of Plymouth and the Charter Township of Plymouth, as well as the patrons of 75 Detroit-area libraries through a reciprocal borrowing agreement facilitated by The Library Network.
The library serves as a significant community hub and maintains strong partnerships with local and regional community groups, governments, schools, businesses, and cultural organizations. Plymouth’s rich history has included the library for nearly 100 years. Strong community support has resulted in a dedicated perpetual millage, a robust Friends organization, and more than 100 adult volunteers. Pre-pandemic, over a 1,000 visitors a day used the library to participate in programs, use our meeting and study rooms, borrow materials, use technology, and connect with others.
The library contributes significantly to the high quality of life available in the Plymouth community. Our sense of community is created by beautiful neighborhoods, spacious parks, robust sport, education system, cultural and arts organizations, and dedicated community service organizations. Our vibrant, walkable downtown is full of unique shops, restaurants, entertainment and recreational options, all surrounding Kellogg Park as the centerpiece and host of year-round events. The library is just steps from all of this in our central downtown location and plays an active role in community events.
Plymouth District Library is an equal opportunity employer. We seek to represent and reflect our community in all that we do. We encourage people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and people from non-dominant backgrounds to apply.

POSITION TITLE: Business and HR Administrator
JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Library Director, the Business and HR Administrator oversees bookkeeping and human resources duties.
JOB DUTIES:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following duties. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
Accounting
Maintains the library’s accounting system by developing and following accounting procedures, expenditure periods, and related forms
Maintains records for operating funds, payroll, and debt retirement funds
Handles the banking activities of the library including deposits and reconciliation of all bank accounts
Maintains adequate balance in library accounts to meet financial obligations
Assists Library Director in investment of excess library funds
Responsible for verification and payment of library bills
Manages accounts payable by recording liabilities, checking vouchers, writing automated checks, recording payments, and updating vendor accounts.
Prepares monthly financial statements, cash-flow chart, and reports to library board
Maintains all record of tax collections, transfers tax dollars to the appropriate accounts
Assists in annual budget preparation and auditing
Controls and signs on petty cash and library credit card
Human Resources
Maintains personnel records
Completes necessary paperwork and payments for new hires and terminations
Prepares and maintains payroll records, processes bi-weekly payroll
Makes timely tax payments and files appropriate federal and state reports
Determines benefit accruals, providing employees with accurate balances
Handles unemployment and workers’ compensation claims
Serves as liaison between benefit provider and employee
Administers self-insured optical, dental, COBRA insurance, FMLA claims, and disability claims
Administers retirement benefits and claims by maintaining employee records, monthly reports, and retirement payments
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
The recommendations below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and minimum qualifications necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or comparable education with at least 3 years of human resources or accounting-related work experience
Possess strong people skills and public service orientation
Organized, accurate, detail-oriented, and able to work independently
Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion related to library records
Excellent written and oral communication
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or comparable education with at least 5 years of human resources or accounting-related work experience OR Associate’s Degree in Business with 8 years of associated work experience
Knowledge of ADP, Pontem accounting system, or similar software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is performed primarily in a public library and/or office setting. Approximately 20% of assigned time will be working directly with the public. The noise level is quiet to medium. Temperature level is normal indoor range. The position will regularly require operation of computers, keyboard devices, printers, photocopiers, scanners, Fax, digital telephone equipment, file systems, hand-trucks, pens/pencils, cables and wiring connectors.
Flexibility in scheduling required; this position includes regular evening and Saturday hours, with some Sundays throughout the year. Some travel will be required: to attend meetings, conferences or training.
GRADE/SALARY:
$58,900.00 - $65,400.00 (pay grade 12)
Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. Employer paid life and disability insurance
Medical insurance, dental insurance, 457B Nationwide plan benefits
MERS Retirement plan, with vesting of 8 years. VEBA retiree health care plan, after 10 years
TO APPLY:
Send a thoughtful cover letter and updated resume to:
Shauna Anderson, Library Director
humanresources at plymouthlibrary.org
Deadline to apply is Thursday, July 8 at 4pm.

This announcement is only a summary of the position, its duties, job requirements and compensation. Further information is available from the library. Plymouth District Library does not discriminate in its employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or disability. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability if requested.

Robyn Lowenstein
Plymouth District Library
Business and Human Resources Administrator
rlowenstein at plymouthlibrary.org
(734) 453-0750 ext. 215