[Michlib-l] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: ALL KALAMAZOO PUBLIC LIBRARY LOCATIONS WILL REOPEN MONDAY, MARCH 8

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Tue Mar 2 13:12:19 EST 2021

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, MARCH 2

CONTACT:
Farrell Howe
Marketing & Communications Manager
Kalamazoo Public Library
farrellh at kpl.gov<mailto:farrellh at kpl.gov>
269-553-7800

Kalamazoo Public Library Will Reopen Monday, March 8

Kalamazoo, MI–Tuesday, March 2, 2021. Kalamazoo Public Library is pleased to announce that all library locations will reopen to the public with limited access to services on Monday, March 8. Curbside service will continue to be offered at all locations.

In order to prepare our buildings to reopen to the public, all KPL locations will be closed the following days:

  *   Central Library will be closed Thursday, March 4 through Saturday, March 6
  *   Alma Powell, Eastwood, Oshtemo, and Washington Square Branches will be closed Friday, March 5, and Saturday, March 6.
  *   All locations are closed on Sundays.
  *   Curbside service will not be available during this closure period.

Temporary Limited Access Locations & Hours

  *   Alma Powell Branch<http://www.kpl.gov/pow>: Monday–Friday | 1–6 pm & Saturday | 10 am–2 pm
  *   Central<http://www.kpl.gov/cen>: Monday–Friday | 10 am–6 pm & Saturday | 10 am–2 pm
  *   Eastwood Branch<http://www.kpl.gov/eas>: Monday–Friday | 1–6 pm & Saturday | 10 am–2 pm
  *   Oshtemo Branch<http://www.kpl.gov/osh>: Monday–Friday | 10 am–6 pm & Saturday | 10 am–2 pm
  *   Washington Square Branch<http://www.kpl.gov/wsq>: Monday–Friday | 1–6 pm & Saturday | 10 am–2 pm
  *   All locations are closed on Sundays

Temporary Limited Access Services & Procedures
Patron and staff safety is our top priority. To provide the best visiting experience for everyone, we ask patrons to abide by the following requirements:

  *   All patrons (including children age 5 and older) are required to properly wear (covering nose and mouth) a face-covering at all times during their visit. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided by KPL staff upon entry.
  *   If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html>, please do not enter.
  *   Patrons must maintain 6 feet of distance from one another.
  *   Each location will only allow 25% of building capacity at one time.
  *   Patrons will have 1-hour maximum to browse, use the computer or check out materials.
  *   Remember that KPL is “fine-free” so you will not face any overdue fees.
  *   All printing must be picked up at the service desk.
  *   Toys, puzzles, and musical instruments will not be available in the children’s area.
  *   Multi-use print publications including newspapers and magazines will not be available at this time.
  *   Study rooms and meeting spaces are not available for use for any purpose until further notice.
  *   Hand sanitizer and wipes are available.
  *   All KPL buildings are routinely cleaned by KPL staff.

KPL is very excited to welcome back our patrons, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

####