[Michlib-l] Michigan Instruction Exchange (MIX) Conference Summer 2022

Jo Angela Oehrli jooehrli at umich.edu
Tue Mar 9 09:16:56 EST 2021

Hello,

The Michigan Instruction Exchange (MIX), a biannual, state-wide conference
centered on academic library instruction, was postponed due to the pandemic
in August of 2020.  The next MIX conference will take place in August
2022.  Many thanks to Dianna Sachs, who will chair the 2022 MIX Conference
and to Western Michigan University for agreeing to continue as host.  In
addition, there is much appreciation to the Michigan Academic Library
Association for their recent support of the conference.

The MIX Conference began at University of Michigan Libraries in Ann Arbor
in 2012 as a free, grassroots conference centered on academic library
instruction in the state of Michigan with almost 100 attendees.  Grand
Valley State University hosted a successful, low cost version of the
conference in 2014 and the conference has continued ever since. To learn
more about MIX, see the websites for the last two conferences, conducted
through collaborations of Detroit area academic librarians
<https://guides.lib.wayne.edu/mix2016/program> (especially Wayne State
University) in 2016 and Flint area academic librarians
<https://www.miala.org/mix_conference_2018.php> (especially Mott Community
College) in 2018.

I look forward to seeing many of you in Kalamazoo next summer!

Angie Oehrli
2012 MIX Conference Planning Committee Chair

--
Jo Angela Oehrli
she / her / hers