[Michlib-l] Sign up for MiLibraryQuest - virtual event for teens this summer

Mi.Library Quest milibraryquest at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:12:47 EDT 2021

Hello!

Your library is invited to participate in the third statewide
MiLibraryQuest for teens.

MiLibraryQuest: Summer 2021 will be held from June 1 through July 31. Teens
will collect descriptions of unique animals from the websites of
participating libraries and enter to win a prize.

If your library would like to participate, please sign up at
http://bit.ly/SummerQuestSignUp by April 30.

What is MiLibraryQuest?

Following library closures in March 2020 and a shift to virtual
programming, a group of librarians from throughout the state began meeting
to collaborate on virtual teen programming.  We created MiLibraryQuest, a
virtual scavenger hunt, for all teens throughout the state as a summer
event. We hosted our second Quest, MiLibraryQuest: Mystery Edition this
January and February.  We're now getting ready to launch our third quest
this summer.

What will participating libraries do?

Each participating library will:

   -

   place the MiLibraryQuest image and a library-specific animal description
   (which will be given to them) on their website
   -

   promote the event to their teens (Promotional materials will be
   available from the Quest team.)
   -

   award at least one prize to a teen who is from your library and
   completes the Quest

What will teens do?

The list of participating libraries and links to their websites will be
provided on the Quest website (https://milibraryquest.wixsite.com/quest1).
Teens will visit the libraries’ websites, locate the animal descriptions,
identify the animals being described, and enter to win a prize.

Additional information

You can see more information:

   -

   on our website: https://milibraryquest.wixsite.com/quest1
   -

   in our FAQs: http://bit.ly/SummerQuestFAQs
   -

   in our Introduction to MiLibraryQuest meeting on Monday, April 12 at
   1:30 P.M.
   Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81592750692
   Meeting ID: 815 9275 0692
   Passcode: 675790

 Questions?

If you have any questions, please let us know at milibraryquest at gmail.com.

Ready to sign up?

If your library would like to participate, please sign up at
http://bit.ly/SummerQuestSignUp by April 30.

- The Quest Team