[Michlib-l] March is Reading Month - Secretary of State virtual book reading

Tue Mar 16 16:25:43 EDT 2021

banner

March 16, 2021

Dear Library Partners,

It’s the perfect month for reading! And it’s also the perfect time to celebrate the wonderful services you provide to our communities. I am so grateful for everything you do to support Michigan families, especially during the pandemic, and I want you to know how inspired I am by the many virtual events libraries are hosting throughout March to encourage children to get immersed in reading.

As secretary of state, I enjoy the opportunity to share my favorite books with children during "Reading Month" and I’m hoping you can help me connect with them again this year. My staff recently recorded me reading a wonderful children’s book by Michigan author Deborah Diesen entitled *"Equality’s Call"*. It tells the story of our country’s journey toward voting rights for all. I hope you will share this video [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKrPAsungM ] with your patrons as part of your "March is Reading Month" outreach. If you do so on social media, please be sure to tag us on Facebook @MichiganSOS [ https://www.facebook.com/MichiganSoS/ ] or Twitter @MichSOS [ https://twitter.com/michsos ].

Again, thank you for your public service and for all you do for Michiganders.

Sincerely,

JB signature

Jocelyn Benson
Secretary of State

Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page [ https://service.govdelivery.com/accounts/MISOS/subscriber/new?preferences=true ]. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com [ https://subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com/ ].

This service is provided to you at no charge by Michigan Department of State [ https://www.michigan.gov/sos ].

This email was sent to michlib-l at mcls.org using GovDelivery Communications Cloud on behalf of: Michigan Secretary of State · 430 W. Allegan Street · Lansing, MI 48918 · 1-888-767-6424