[Michlib-l] LM Public Library Financial Management Cohort deadline 3/26

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Thu Mar 18 10:20:36 EDT 2021

A reminder that the deadline to apply is next Friday, March 26th. We will notify the applicants the week of March 29th. If you have any questions, you can check the link below and you are also welcome to contact me.

Karren Reish
reishk at michigan.gov<mailto:reishk at michigan.gov>
517-241-0021

The Library of Michigan is working with the University of Georgia's Carl Vinson Institute of Government to provide a 11-month public library financial management certificate program for a cohort of 10 to 15 Michigan public librarians. The program includes six online finance classes, group meetings with the instructors after each class, group meetings and topical webinars on Michigan specific issues from LM staff. Each participant that finishes the program will receive a program certificate from the University of Georgia.

The program topics include:

*             Budgeting for Libraries
*             Governmental Accounting for Libraries
*             Internal Control for Libraries
*             Purchasing
*             Payroll Administration
*             Writing Financial Policies

The Library of Michigan is underwriting the program costs. You can find more information on the cohort and classes as well as the application to participate here<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,9327,7-381-88855_89737-552040--,00.html>. The application deadline is March 26th.

Karren Reish
Library of Michigan
Library Grants Coordinator
517-241-0021