[Michlib-l] Circulation Supervisor Job Posting

Robyn Lowenstein rlowenstein at plymouthlibrary.org
Mon Mar 22 10:37:55 EDT 2021

The Plymouth District Library - job posting for full-time Circulation Supervisor. See the posting below, or visit plymouthlibrary.org for more information.
Plymouth District Library – Job Posting
[ http://plymouthlibrary.org/ | http://plymouthlibrary.org ]

TITLE: Circulation Supervisor
Full time – 40 hours per week, Exempt
Salary $44,200.00 - $48,200.00

OUR LIBRARY AND COMMUNITY:
The library’s mission is to connect, enrich, and improve lives through information, services, and spaces. Our core values are: access, literacy, community destination, and personalized service.
The Plymouth District Library is located in busy downtown Plymouth, MI, midway between Detroit and Ann Arbor. We serve the Plymouth Community which is comprised of 36,650 residents living in the City of Plymouth and the Charter Township of Plymouth, as well as the patrons of 75 Detroit-area libraries through a reciprocal borrowing agreement facilitated by The Library Network.
The library serves as a significant community hub and maintains strong partnerships with local and regional community groups, governments, schools, businesses, and cultural organizations. Strong community support has resulted in a dedicated perpetual millage, a robust Friends organization, and more than 100 adult volunteers. Before the pandemic, almost a 1,000 visitors a day use the library to participate in programs, use our meeting and study rooms, borrow materials, use technology, and connect with others. In addition, we serve a growing and robust digital community 24/7.
The library recently completed significant network and technology infrastructure improvements and our growing technology department services the public and library staff. Recent facility upgrades have taken place to improve accessibility and energy efficiency.
The library contributes significantly to the high quality of life available in the Plymouth community. Our sense of community is created by beautiful neighborhoods, spacious parks, robust sport, cultural and arts organizations, and dedicated community service organizations. Our vibrant, walkable downtown is full of unique shops, restaurants, entertainment and recreational options, all surrounding Kellogg Park as the centerpiece and host of year-round events. The library is just steps from all of this in our central downtown location and plays an active role in community events.
The elected Board of Trustees and the Directors of the Friends Board are all committed to meeting the needs of the community, now and into the future. Dedicated customer service ideals drive our 70 staff members at all levels. We know our customers, and work tirelessly to serve their needs, listen to their concerns and make decisions accordingly. These practices are for those who come through the front door and those whom we serve outside of the library either off site or via digital services. We are committed to help the library remain a hub of activity in our community and a leader in the library world.

TITLE: Circulation Supervisor
Full time – 40 hours per week, Exempt
Salary $44,200.00 - $48,200.00
Benefit package includes medical insurance, retirement, paid sick and vacation time and paid holidays.
Salary and Benefits
$44,200.00 - $48,200.00 (Pay grade 9)
Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time. Employer paid life and disability insurance.
Medical insurance, dental insurance, 457B deferred contribution plan benefits.
MERS Retirement plan, with vesting of 8 years. VEBA retiree health care plan, after 10 years.

Reports To: Technical Services Coordinator
Description: This position supervises circulation activities and library clerks. Performs public service at the circulation desk and technical services tasks, such as ordering, cataloging and processing of library materials.
Requirements: HS Diploma or equivalent required, college or LTA preferred.
SirsiDynix Symphony experience preferred.
Public library experience.
Training and/or experience ordering/processing a variety of library’s materials preferred. Accuracy and skill in typing.
Experience working with Windows-based computers, cash registers and general office equipment.
Strong public service attitude. Strong attention to detail.
Knowledge of English, spelling and arithmetic.
Ability and skill to adapt to changing procedures and situations.
Able to problem-solve and establish priorities.
Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others.
Flexibility in scheduling is required. This position includes regular evenings and Saturdays and some Sundays throughout the year.

Cover Letter
And Resume To:
Robyn Lowenstein, Human Resource Manager
humanresources at plymouthlibrary.org
Plymouth District Library
223 S. Main Street
Plymouth MI 48170-1687

Deadline: Friday, April 2, 2021

This announcement is only a summary of the position, its duties, job requirements and compensation. Further information is available from the library. The Plymouth District Library does not discriminate in its employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or disability. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability if requested

Robyn Lowenstein
Plymouth District Library
Business and Human Resources Administrator
rlowenstein at plymouthlibrary.org
(734) 453-0750 ext. 215