[Michlib-l] VHS to DVD converter recommendation

Janelle Bishop jmartin at lib.lapeer.org
Tue Mar 23 10:40:38 EDT 2021

Hey Everyone,
I only received three responses from my original question about a VHS to
DVD converter and they are included below. My library hasn't decided what
to get if anything but we will be discussing this at our next technology
committee meeting.
Thanks,
Janelle

We have this one at Orion Township.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001T6K7G6/?coliid=IXLXC70PTIPLW&colid=2S68NKTULCHAV&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It is priced pretty high now as we got it for maybe around $500 a couple
years ago. Yes, it is a 2009 model, but new ones just aren’t being made. It
works very well and our patrons are getting a lot of use out of it. It is
just a little bit bigger than a normal VHS player. You’ll need to attach it
to a TV to get the VHS at the desired starting point and to navigate the
menu on the recorder to begin and finalize the recordings.

Eric Hayes

Network & Systems Administrator

Orion Township Public Library

orionlibrary.org

w. 248-287-8019

c. 248-890-8084

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Janelle,

I purchased one for the library two years ago- for internal use. It is a
converter/software kit, but you will need a VHS player. Can't remember if I
got our VHS player from eBay or if it was a thrift store find. There is
some amount of tech skill required. I had thought the library could do
conversion as a service as a possible source of revenue. Haven't gotten
that far, but we have converted several of our video taped local history
programs from the 90's to DVD. Not too bad considering it cost less than
$50.
<https://smile.amazon.com/Diamond-VC500-digital-converter-Software/dp/B000VM60I8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=vhs+converter+to+digital+diamond&qid=1615217493&sr=8-3>
https://smile.amazon.com/Diamond-VC500-digital-converter-Software/dp/B000VM60I8/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=vhs+converter+to+digital+diamond&qid=1615217493&sr=8-3
Stacy Pasche,
Library Director

*Benzie Shores District Library*

*630 Main St.*

*Frankfort, MI  49635*
*ph: (231) 352-4671*

_
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We outsource ours to Gene’s Camera Shop in South Bend, Indiana.
574.234.2278

They do excellent work! Then again, we only have a few items.

They can probably recommend equipment.

Anne E. Oyerly

Special Collections Manager and Facilities Coordinator

James White Library

4190 Administration Drive

Andrews University, MI 49104-1400
(269) 471-6117