[Michlib-l] Central Michigan University's Children's Books from Around the World

Whitledge, Bryan R whitl1br at cmich.edu
Fri Mar 26 11:46:37 EDT 2021

Last month, we announced the Clarke Historical Library's "Children's Books from Around the World" program. We are pleased to announce that all of the recordings are complete! Anyone with an internet connection can access all of the recordings on the Clarke's website anytime they wish - https://clarke.cmich.edu/InternationalChildrensBooks

We created 38 recordings, with readings by 49 volunteers (all students, faculty, and staff at Central Michigan University) in 15 different languages for a total of more than 4 hours 40 minutes of recordings!

What better way to end March is Reading Month than to kick back and watch a story in Italian, Korean, or Portuguese, Chinese, and more.

We greatly appreciate all of the volunteers and all of the staff and faculty in CMU's Office of Global Engagements and CMU's Department of World Languages and Cultures for helping to bring this together. And a huge thanks goes to Nova, our student assistant in the Clarke, for their excellent work with the processing and the editing of these videos.

Thanks and have a great Friday,

Bryan Whitledge
Archivist for University Digital Records
Clarke Historical Library
Central Michigan University
989-774-2159
whitl1br at cmich.edu