[Michlib-l] Daily Computer Clean Up Recommendations

Ben Knight bknight at loutitlibrary.org
Wed May 5 14:28:18 EDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

We at Loutit District Library are looking for a solution (software or
otherwise) to clean up patron files and internet history every day from our
public computers.

We'd previously been using DeepFreeze for clean up, but we started noticing
some serious performance issues with the computers after we'd upgraded to
Windows 10. They'd freeze and crash pretty regularly, and removing
DeepFreeze pretty much solved the problem.

If anyone out there has some DeepFreeze alternatives or other solutions,
we'd love to hear them! For background, we're running Windows 10 and using
mConsole for our time and printer management.

Thank you in advance!
--

<http://loutitlibrary.org/>

Ben Knight

Reference & Information Librarian

he/him (what’s this? <https://www.mypronouns.org/>)

616.850.6935 | loutitlibrary.org

407 Columbus Ave. Grand Haven, MI 49417

Expanding Horizons. Enriching Minds. Engaging Community.
<https://www.facebook.com/LoutitDistrictLibrary/>
<https://www.instagram.com/loutitlibrary/>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJGvakceRtYoYlJabcxzAcw>