[Michlib-l] Great news relating to Michigan Activity Pass Program

Noah Lenstra njlenstr at uncg.edu
Thu May 6 11:54:14 EDT 2021

Huron-Clinton Metroparks joins Michigan Activity Pass program
May 4, 2021 Updated May 5, 2021 Comments
— Submitted by the Huron-Clinton Metroparks

Huron-Clinton Metroparks is participating in the Library Network's Michigan
Activity Pass program, which allows library card holders free access to 13
parks.
https://www.thenewsherald.com/downriver_life/huron-clinton-metroparks-joins-michigan-activity-pass-program/article_62f41dce-ad22-11eb-b511-0f8188a22571.html

The Huron-Clinton Metroparks and the system’s 13 unique parks are now
officially the newest destinations in the Michigan Activity Pass
program,* offering
public library card holders across the state the chance to access the
outdoor recreational spaces for free.*

The MAP program provides free or discounted admission to more than 450
locations, including historic sites, cultural attractions, state parks and
campgrounds. With the Metroparks’ participation, patrons can check out a
daily vehicle park pass to visit their preferred Metropark location, much
like they would check out a book from their local library.

“Public libraries play such an important role in our communities,” said
Metroparks Director Amy McMillan.

“That’s why we’re thrilled to join the MAP program and launch this new
partnership with the Michigan Library Network. Our goal is to help ensure
more Michiganders can experience all the different sites and attractions
our park system has to offer. We urge library patrons to check us out.”

There are 13 parks in the system including Lake Erie Metropark, 32481 W.
Jefferson, Brownstown.

Brigette Felix, librarian and MAP expert at The Library Network said using
the MAP program is fast and easy to use. Visitors can simply search
destinations by category or zip code, including how far they are willing to
travel. Once they select a choice, they can secure a free pass for mobile
use or to print off and present it at the designated Metroparks entrance
attendant within one week.

To learn more about the Michigan Activity Pass program, including a
complete list of supported venues and participating libraries, visit
michiganactivitypass.info. To learn more about the Metroparks, visit
metroparks.com.

Noah Lenstra
Assistant Professor of Library and Information Science
University of North Carolina Greensboro
njlenstr at uncg.edu
noahlenstra.com
@NoahLenstra