[Michlib-l] A couple virtual programs available

bellairelibrary at torchlake.com bellairelibrary at torchlake.com
Thu May 6 12:57:26 EDT 2021

Bellaire Public Library is hosting two upcoming virtual programs and
invite you to pass on the information to your patrons. Both programs are
free, but registration is required (to get the Zoom links).

Saturday, May 22nd, 5pm via Zoom: Poet Marlin M. Jenkins presents
"Poetry and (Re) Imagining our World":

In line with with statements by poet Carl Phillips--"poetry [is] more a
transformation of experience rather than a transcription of it"-- and
poet Franny Choi--"I think my poems are almost always asking the
question: What would it look like for this world to love us back?"--this
presentation will explore poetry's power to imagine, ask, and transform.
Through a mix of the author's own work and the work of others, we'll
talk about how poetry not only helps us understand the world we live in,
but how it plays it part in (re-)shaping our world and worlds, both on
the page and beyond it. To register go to:
https://forms.gle/mC3k1TFtzTSZ21wRA

Thursday, June 3, 6:30pm: "Racial Justice" by Title Track:

This program will include music, poetry, and discussion on this very
important topic.

Title Track's Mission: Engaging creative practice to build resilient
social-ecological systems that support clean water, racial equity, and
youth empowerment. To register go to:
https://forms.gle/7qXL9NBEtrcFukRbA [1]
  Both programs are part of this Spring's "Bellaire Reads" one book, one
community program and is sponsored by BPL and funded through a grant
from Libraries Transforming Communities and the American Library
Association. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.
--
Cindi L. Place, MLIS
Director, Bellaire Public Library
bellairelibrary at torchlake.com