[Michlib-l] Jim Glenn, presenter of History of English Language, and Shakespeare passed away

David Stokes dstokes at milfordlibrary.info
Fri May 7 09:44:50 EDT 2021

Hello there,

Pardon the cross-posting here . . .

For those of you who may have had Jim Glenn present at your library on
Shakespeare or the History of the English Language,
I wanted to share the news that he recently passed away.

Here's a message from his niece, as well as a link to his obituary:

*"Hello, friends of Jim. This is Beth, Jim's niece. I am sorry to report
that my uncle passed away last month. He will be missed by us all. *
*I've included his obituary here for those of you who would like to see it.
Thank you very much for your support of Jim."  *

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/20785626/James-Glenn?fbclid=IwAR3g6PQDhbE49dT1v7i4Zo4FKRqh2AisKrxNiLv08Wb4OdmLCVPfHSZZzPY

We had Jim at our library several years ago for his series on the History
of the English Language.

I also got to see his presentation on Shakespeare at the Highland Library
at one time as well.

If you had Jim out to your library you know how engaging and knowledgeable
he was on his subjects, and he was always sprinkling his presentations with
just the right amount of humour and puns, too.
You may also recall he had *a lot* of hand-outs to accompany his
presentations, which he shared with program attendees.

Thanks,

David M. Stokes
Adult Services Librarian
Adult Services Dept.