[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation

Mary Vergowven Mary.Vergowven at monroe.lib.mi.us
Wed May 12 12:59:07 EDT 2021

I also attended this program and found Rozlyn's presentation spot on. Not only did she cover the basics of genealogy research, but she hit on some very specific resources for African American genealogy. She had examples of records that she had found from those sources, and then tied it all together with her family story. I felt like I was at a genealogy conference. Thank you, Kate, for offering this program via Zoom. I would highly recommend.

Mary Vergowven

Reference Librarian

Bedford Branch Library

Monroe County Library System

8575 Jackman Road

Temperance, MI 48182

734-847-6747

mary.vergowven at monroe.lib.mi.us

Currently reading:

Lady Clementine by Marie Benedict

I enjoyed Benedict's book Only Woman in the Room so much that I had to read more. Lady Clementine is a fictional account of Lady Clementine Churchill, Winston's wife. From what I've read so far, the saying "Behind every great man is a great woman" is certainly true. Not only did she keep the household running on their limited budget, but Lady Clementine worked alongside her husband Winston - and he respected her opinions on everything including politics. Their ideas didn't always succeed, but the support they had for each other, even in troubled times, is inspirational.