[Michlib-l] MiYouth recap on Teen Mental Health

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Wed May 12 15:08:35 EDT 2021

First, I'd like to thank Ypsilanti District Library for sharing their amazing TALK: Text to Learn program available for libraries across Michigan to use, thanks to the Institute of Museum and Library Services. We will have a webinar with Q&A on this program Tuesday, May 25th at 2pm.  Register now<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=397>.

Secondly, a big thank you to Beth Crist of the Colorado State Library and Erin Durrett from Clinton-Macomb Public Library for sharing all the information, resources, and ideas on how libraries might better address Teen Mental Health. It was not an easy topic, and we appreciate the work you are both doing to address it.

All of the notes, links and slides can be found in our shared notes for today: https://bit.ly/MiYouth_5_21

A few additional links:

  *   National Suicide Prevention Helpline: Help is available. Speak with someone today: 1-800-273-8255.
  *   Michigan Mental Health Resources: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-98178_99557---,00.html
Includes Help Lines, virtual support groups, webinars and more.
  *   How the COVID-19 Pandemic Has Affected the Mental Health of Teens <https://www.wxyz.com/news/upfront/how-the-covid-19-pandemic-has-affected-the-mental-health-of-teens>  - WXYZ
  *   Community Conversations to Inform Youth Suicide Prevention: A Study of Youth Suicide in Four Colorado Counties<https://coag.gov/app/uploads/2019/05/community-conversations-to-inform-youth-suicide-prevention.pdf>

Finally, please know that you are welcome to reach out to me with any questions, concerns, or just to talk.
Take care,
Cathy Lancaster
Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan