[Michlib-l] Digital Audiobook Provider Recommendations

Christina LeVey-Rowland clevey-rowland at loutitlibrary.org
Wed May 12 17:29:54 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,
My library is in a state of flux regarding digital audiobooks that allow
for multiple listeners at the same time.

What does your library use?

Would you be willing to provide extra details like:

   - cost
   - how many checkouts each patron gets using the service
   - if you like it/love it/hate it, etc.

For some background information, we started with Hoopla, but when they got
too expensive for us we switched to RBdigital. Then RBdigital was purchased
by Overdrive. Overdrive agreed to honor the amazing deal we had with
RBdigital through the end of the contract, but that has now expired...so we
are left without digital audiobooks that allow more than one patron to
check it out at a time.

We do offer regular digital audiobooks through Overdrive and Overdrive
Advantage but they are one patron per copy at a time.

Any advice, details, and links you can provide will be greatly appreciated
by us and our patrons! Thank you very much for your time.

<http://loutitlibrary.org/>

Christina LeVey-Rowland

Library Assistant II

she/her (what’s this? <https://www.mypronouns.org/>)

616.850.6921 | loutitlibrary.org

407 Columbus Ave. Grand Haven, MI 49417

Expanding Horizons. Enriching Minds. Engaging Community.
<https://www.facebook.com/LoutitDistrictLibrary/>
<https://www.instagram.com/loutitlibrary/>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJGvakceRtYoYlJabcxzAcw>