[Michlib-l] Ohio's statewide Emerging Technology Symposium: call for virtual poster sessions

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Fri May 14 16:39:50 EDT 2021

Ohio Regional Library Systems would love to have national representation among the virtual poster sessions submitted as part of their upcoming Emerging Technology Symposium in September. The call for posters can be found here: https://www.neo-rls.org/call_for_posters.php<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.neo-rls.org%2Fcall_for_posters.php&data=04%7C01%7Cwhites29%40michigan.gov%7Cf753e7d6e57b4e2291ba08d9171812bf%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C1%7C637566214429230694%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=MiNAWzjWqaB%2BKwcSkdQmP2Qkf%2BjLYBqmnE6eJyPbwPI%3D&reserved=0>. Deadline for submission is May 31, 2021, though it is likely to be extended. See full details below and connect with them directly with any questions.

2021 Virtual Emerging Technology Symposium
Exploration  |  Adaptation  |  Transformation

September 2021

Sponsored by Ohio's Regional Library Systems (NEO-RLS, NORWELD, SERLS, SWON) and the State Library of Ohio

The Theme:

The 2021 Virtual Emerging Technology Symposium will showcase the incredible ability of the nation's libraries to explore, adapt and transform through the use of emerging technology.  Libraries are always seeking new and responsive ways in which to meet the needs of their communities.  In recent years libraries have engaged emerging technologies in a variety of creative ways to build tech literacy, bridge the tech divide and make innovation accessible to all.

This year marks our 8th Emerging Technology Symposium, the 2nd time it has been held virtually, and the 1st time it has been sponsored as a statewide event.  In 2021 we want to celebrate and feature your ability to explore, adapt and transform!  Whether you have a completed project, are in the process of a project, or want to promote what you are planning on developing, we invite you to submit your efforts and achievements in a poster session to be featured throughout the month of September as an integral part of the 2021 Virtual Emerging Technology Symposium.  Posters sessions are an excellent way to promote your achievements and help other libraries gain skills and knowledge in order to forge their own innovations.

The Details:

  *   All types and sizes of libraries across the U.S. are eligible to participate.
  *   Projects should be current within the past two years.
  *   Applications will be subject to review and adherence to the theme.
  *   Poster sessions may be recorded or live.
  *   Recorded sessions may be as short as fifteen minutes or as long as a half hour.
  *   Live sessions may range  from thirty minutes to an hour.
  *   We encourage interaction and demonstration of your work.
  *   Colleagues or relevant staff who were integral to the project may be included in the session.
  *   If you do not have access to the equipment needed to perform an online session, we can provide it for you. We want to be sure you have every means possible to showcase your work.

If you would like to present a poster session, please click HERE<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmms.neo-rls.org%2Fmembers%2Fform.php%3Forgcode%3DNEOL%26fid%3D3969957&data=04%7C01%7Cwhites29%40michigan.gov%7Cf753e7d6e57b4e2291ba08d9171812bf%7Cd5fb7087377742ad966a892ef47225d1%7C0%7C1%7C637566214429250615%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=FlaRyhRNaj1VZJOXlSFpDEuOhQKWFhsn552FEzt51Cw%3D&reserved=0> to fill out our form for submission. Examples of some poster sessions from last year's Emerging Technology Symposium are below to provide you with an idea of the framework.   Feel free to be as creative as possible as to the best way to feature your project.

The  Dates:

  *   Deadline for submission:  May 31, 2021
  *   Acceptance notification: June 30, 2021
  *   Deadline for recorded session: August 13, 2021
  *   Date for live session: September 8th through the 30th

If you have any questions regarding a poster session or presenting, please contact holly.klingler at neo-rls.org.  <mailto:holly.klingler at neo-rls.org?subject=Emerging%20Technology%20Symposium> We cannot wait to hear about and celebrate your library's efforts to explore, adapt and transform.

Shannon White
Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48909
Whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:Whites29 at michigan.gov>  517-335-1507 | www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan>
Call me on Teams<callto:whites29 at michigan.gov>