[Michlib-l] Fine Free Circulation Changes

Jessica Bostian jbostian at ruthhughes.org
Wed May 26 14:20:15 EDT 2021

Hello Fellow Libraries!

Our library is considering becoming 'fine free' in the near future.

I see that some libraries, when they make this transition, make slight
changes to their circulation policies that might best suit the change from
fines to fine free, such as preventing patrons from checking out or using
their cards if they have a certain amount of existing overdues (must be
resolved before any new card transactions can be made), a shorter
transition period from 'overdue to lost', etc.

If anyone has made this transition and would be willing to share with me
any types of changes they made to their circulation policies or overdue
time periods at the same time, I would be so grateful to hear your
experiences, reasoning, and reactions to these changes. Or perhaps if you
became a 'fine free' institution and did NOT make any changes, I would
still love to hear your experiences. reasoning, and reactions.

Thank you everyone in advance for any information you can provide me-I am
so appreciative of this professional, educational, and supportive
community!

Have a great week everyone!

--
Jessica Bostian