[Michlib-l] Rare Job Opportunity in Traverse City!

Deb Radjenovich dradjenovich at tadl.org
Wed Nov 24 09:20:09 EST 2021

*Traverse Area District Library – Job Posting*

*Facilities Manager*

Full Time – 40 hours per week

Schedule includes daytime, evening, and weekend hours

Salary - $45,000 - $55,000

*Deadline to apply is December 6, 2021*

*WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:*

Our perfect candidate is someone with a background in the trades that would
be capable of some hands-on work but also has the communication skills
necessary to develop relationships with  contractors and vendors.  This
person would also be a member of the management team and would be
responsible for maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for both
patrons and employees.

*OUR LIBRARY AND COMMUNITY:*

Traverse Area District Library (TADL) consists of a network of libraries
serving Grand Traverse County through the following locations: Main Library
– Traverse City, East Bay and Kingsley branch libraries; the Fife Lake
Public Library, Interlochen Public Library, and Peninsula Community
Library. Three of these facilities (Fife Lake, Interlochen, Peninsula) are
member libraries that receive most of their support from the district-wide
millage. Although member libraries have independent elected boards, hire
their own library directors and operate autonomously, they are full
partners with TADL.

*Mission*

The Traverse Area District Library (TADL) provides dynamic resources and
innovative services to stimulate intellectual curiosity, facilitate
lifelong learning, promote literacy, and nurture personal enrichment.

*Community*

The Traverse Area District Library network is located in beautiful Grand
Traverse County, a community of 93,000 residents. This area is a popular
recreation destination with much to offer in all seasons of the year. While
much of the county is rural, Traverse City is a dynamic and vibrant
beachfront city.

As affirmed by our 2021 strategic plan, our library patrons view us as a
significant community hub and look to us to maintain strong partnerships
throughout the community. Founded in 1869, the Ladies Library Association
formed the first groundwork of what continues to be a strong community of
library patrons. This includes an active Friends organization and library
volunteers. Circulating over 1,000,000 million items a year, users
throughout the county visit TADL libraries for books, music, movies,
programs, computers, meeting room spaces, and more.

We take pride in contributing to the quality of life in our area,
supplementing the many parks, sports, beaches, cultural and art
organizations, community service groups, and more. Many of the small and
large downtowns are walkable, with unique shopping and dining options as
well as a wide array of festivals. Many of our network libraries are steps
away from downtown areas and enjoy taking part in community events in
addition to providing our own programming.
*TO APPLY:*    Send a completed TADL application (found here
<https://www.tadl.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Job-Application-2021-07-23-1.pdf>
), a cover letter and resume to : jobs at tadl.org

Deb Radjenovich, SHRM-SCP
she/her/hers