[Michlib-l] 2021 Seed Library Summit

Pam Quackenbush pquackenbush at ltpl.org
Tue Oct 12 17:50:49 EDT 2021

I would like to invite our Michigan members who have seed libraries or are
planning a seed library to the 2021 Seed Library Summit. The virtual event
will be held on Sunday, October 24, 2021 from 12 pm to 3 pm.

The MI Seed Library Network is excited to announce that our keynote speaker
for the summit will be Bill McDorman, a seed saver, writer, and educator
based in Cornville, Arizona. He is co-founder of The Down Home Project,
Garden City Seeds, Seeds Trust, High Altitude Gardens, the Sawtooth
Botanical Gardens, Seed School and the Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance. He is
author of the book *Basic Seed Saving*. Bill is the former executive
director of Native Seeds/SEARCH and Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance.  He now
oversees the Patent Free Seed campaign, membership database, website
updates and teaches Seed School whenever he is called.

We will also be announcing our 2022 One Seed, One State seed selection!
With Covid somewhat behind us, we plan to have a greater presence around
the state this year. We are working to reach more libraries and have more
supportive documents on the website.

We will update everyone on the MSLN Board and some announcements having to
do with the continued growth of our organization. There will be educational
sessions and an opportunity for roundtable discussion. Please join us!
Register at this link: https://miseedlibrary.org/?page_id=395

Registration closes on Thursday, October 21. You will receive a link to the
event on Friday, October 22.
Please join your fellow seed librarians and the MI Seed Library Network for
this fun and informative event!
Pam Quackenbush
Lyon Township Public Library
27005 Milford Road