[Michlib-l] Upcoming Zoom Event at BPL - The Ground Breaking: An American City and Its Search for Justice

Mick Howey mick.howey at baldwinlib.org
Fri Oct 15 08:43:31 EDT 2021

Dear Michlib-l,

Please join us at 7:00 PM on Monday, October 25, 2021 for the event The
Ground Breaking: An American City and Its Search for Justice.

Please find the event description below:

BPL is excited and pleased to welcome NYT bestselling and award-winning
author Scott Ellsworth! Scott joins us to tell the story of how the 1921
Tulsa Race Massacre was finally brought to light by a courageous group of
African Americans who survived the Massacre. Scott's latest book *The
Ground Breaking: An American City and Its Search for Justice *is a
selection for the 2021 Longlist for the National Book Award for Nonfiction
<https://www.nationalbook.org/books/the-ground-breaking-an-american-city-and-its-search-for-justice/>.
Will we be giving away at random a copy of *The Ground Breaking *to 2
participants. We hope that you can join and look forward to seeing you
there! The event takes place at 7:00 PM on Monday, October 25, 2021.

This event will take place on Zoom. To attend, please register at
https://tinyurl.com/676uj3zk

Best,
Mick Howey, MLIS
Adult Services Librarian