[Michlib-l] 3D Printer Suggestions?

David Edelman dedelman at hastingspubliclibrary.org
Fri Oct 22 15:53:47 EDT 2021

Hello,

We are considering a 3D printer for programing, as well as to potentially let patrons print their own items on (with supervision).

I am new to this and see tons of reviews that can help guide me, but wonder what other libraries are successfully using.

Budget is being determined but likely will be under $1,000. We might swing up to $1,500 for the "perfect" machine.

I'd like something on the quiet side with the ability to print with multiple materials using standard filaments, nothing proprietary.

If anyone has suggestions and can provide any insight, I would appreciate it.

Please respond directly to me and I'll consolidate responses back to the list.

dedelman at HastingsPublicLibrary.org

Thanks!

David Edelman
Circulation Supervisor
Hastings Public Library
227 E. State St.
Hastings, MI 49058
(269) 945-4263

[1566481112914_HPL_Green-smaller.jpg]

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the addressee listed.  It may contain confidential and/or legally protected information exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of the message and any attachments.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and we cannot be responsible or liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this e-mail, any delay in its receipt, or damage to your systems. We cannot guarantee that the integrity of this e-mail has been maintained or that this e-mail is free of viruses, interception, or interference.

--
This message has been scanned by E.F.A. Project and is believed to be clean.