[Michlib-l] Job Posting Library Director, Addison Township Public Library

Jaema Berman jberman at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Oct 25 16:14:19 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I am excited to announce that I have accepted the position of Head of Adult Services at Oxford Public Library and that I will begin there January 10, 2022. It's been my privilege and honor to work with an incredibly dynamic and creative staff at the Addison Township Library for the last ten years. Our small library is a powerful participant in building community connection and promoting the love of books and independent learning. I know that we will find the perfect candidate to shepherd the community through the library's upcoming building and reopening phase scheduled to take place within the next couple years. Please consider applying or letting your colleagues know about this outstanding opportunity.

Jaema

Job Posting

Library Director

Addison Township Public Library

1400 Rochester Rd., Leonard, MI 48367

Full-time, Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications

Range: $40-50,000

Qualifications

· Master's of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited program

· State of Michigan professional Level 2 Certification

Full Job Description

The Addison Township Public Library is seeking an experienced library professional dedicated to the daily planning, organizing and directing all library functions including facilitating the plan to build a new 5,000 sq. ft. library on donated property. Go to [ https://letsbuildalibrary.org/ | https://letsbuildalibrary.org ] for more information.

The Library is located in Addison Township, Michigan (pop. 6,315) and services the Township, including Leonard (48367), Lakeville (48366) and Oxford (48370).

Funded through a perpetual millage, and an additional millage coming up for renewal in 2024, we are a Class II library belonging to The Library Network, a public library cooperative. The current staff of 10 orders, links and processes materials as well as collaborates effectively to offer year-round programming. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits: Paid holiday time off, six leave days, one week vacation time per fiscal year. Applications accepted through indeed.com. Cover letter, resume, and three professional references are required. This position will remain open until filled.

(248) 628-7180

[ http://addisontwp.michlibrary.org/ | http://addisontwp.michlibrary.org ]

[ mailto:addisontwplibrary at gmail.com | addisontwplibrary at gmail.com ]

Apply on [ https://www.indeed.com/company/Addison-Township-Public-Library/jobs/Library-Director-3908b51b05767adc?fccid=9d1526103379d4d8&vjs=3 | indeed.com ]

Currently reading The Dutch House by Ann Patchett

Jaema Berman
Library Director
Addison Twp. Public Library
1400 Rochester Rd.
Leonard, MI 48367
(248) 628-7180
www.addisontwp.michlibrary.org
“A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. It is a never failing spring in the desert.”
― Andrew Carnegie