[Michlib-l] LEAP '21 now approved for SCECH hours!

Jan Davidson davidsonj at mcls.org
Fri Oct 29 10:26:20 EDT 2021

Please excuse cross-posting and note that this event includes lists that extend beyond Michigan, but the event is for Michigan library staff only.

Michigan teachers and school library staff -
We're excited to let you know that LEAP (Libraries Engaging Appreciatively for Positive Change) 2021<https://www.mcls.org/training-events/events/leap-2021/>, a shared program of MCLS and the Library of Michigan, has now been approved for State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH)! LEAP Day on November 4 is approved for 6 SCECH, with the potential for up to 9 more by participating in the monthly coaching opportunities (1.5 each for six months.) This means a potential of 15 SCECH for just $40!

This program is NEXT WEEK, and there are only a few days left to grab this chance; registration closes end of business Tuesday, so check it out TODAY<https://mcls.corsizio.com/c/614ba1c302de2a0498f57453>!

Read on for more information about the program:

Who: ANY and ALL library staff in Michigan, all roles, all library types, all over the state!

When: Thursday, November 4, 9:30am-4:30pm Eastern

Where: Zoom; We'll utilize both large group and breakout rooms and have a fun, interactive day virtually, safely, and affordably!

Why: Building on the success of LEAP 2020 last fall, LEAP 2021 will introduce more library staff members from all roles and all types of libraries to Appreciative Inquiry and how to apply it to community engagement and high-quality connections and conversations.

Cost: Only $40! This program, valued at more than $400 per person, is highly subsidized by Library of Michigan in order to support Michigan library staff!

Participants in LEAP 2021 will be invited to participate at their interest and availability level in six additional monthly sessions for ongoing learning, sharing, and coaching for NO ADDITIONAL COST.

Here's what just a few LEAP 2020 participants had to say about the experience:
"This was a wonderful workshop and even though it was all day, I felt so energized and inspired afterwards... more than I have in a long time."

"This was *by far* the best-run online conference I've attended - well played! I appreciated that the interactions were not forced, and that there were clear goals set throughout with a logical progression through the material."

"Thank you so much.  This work is tremendously meaningful and so helpful.  This stuff should be taught in library school!"

Registration closes Tuesday! Lock in your spot today!<https://mcls.corsizio.com/c/614ba1c302de2a0498f57453>

Want a taste of what Appreciative Inquiry is? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzW22wwh1J4
Need more info? Visit our webpage<https://www.mcls.org/training-events/events/leap-2021/>
Questions? Contact Jan at engagement at mcls.org <mailto:engagement at mcls.org>

This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services<https://www.imls.gov/>. Additional support is provided by the Library of Michigan<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/>.
Jan Davidson
Project Manager
Engagement, Consulting, and Training
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
(517) 492-3811 / toll-free (800) 530-9019 x111
davidsonj at mcls.org<mailto:davidsonj at mcls.org>