[Michlib-l] Input on 9/11 and storytime

Pam Ballett misspam at schoolcraftlibrary.org
Thu Sep 2 21:36:44 EDT 2021

We used Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes for Battle of the Books but
that was 4th through 6th grade. The parents appreciated the conversations
that came out of it because the kids were too young to understand what
happened and they hadn’t talked about it much at school. If you are
thinking of discussing with younger kids I think the parents should
probably know beforehand. Some kids handle those subjects better than
others.