[Michlib-l] Library Digital Image Program Available for Michigan Libraries

Corey Seeman cseeman at umich.edu
Wed Sep 8 12:55:34 EDT 2021

Hi everyone -

I hope you are all well on this beautiful (almost picture perfect) late
summer day in Ann Arbor.

That is a good Segue to share a program that I would like to make available
to the Michigan Library community on managing and organizing digital
pictures.  I presented this last year for the Milan (Michigan) District
Library and I would like to offer it to others as well.

Here is the program information:

Title: Managing Digital Images: Finding, Saving, Sharing and Organizing The
Pictures of Your Life!

Presenter: Corey Seeman (Director, Kresge Library Services, Ross School of
Business - University of Michigan) - cseeman at umich.edu

Corey's flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/cseeman/

Corey's personal website: https://sites.google.com/view/squirrelman/

Seems that everyone is a photographer these days.  We use our smartphones,
our tablets, and even some people even use cameras.  With the ease of
taking pictures, we find ourselves with a new concern.  How do we manage,
save and share these pictures? This program will introduce you to photo
sharing services that are available from companies such as Google, Apple,
facebook and flickr (among others) and how to organize them for easy
retrieval. We will look at ways organize, backup and share pictures with
friends and family.  We will also explore how images are found by others
(using tags or searchterms), if you want to share more broadly.  This could
be the perfect session if you want to do something with all those pictures
on your phone or clogging up your SD card!

Previously Given Presentations on this topic:

   -

   Where is That Picture of Aunt Cindy? Organizing, Protecting and Sharing
   Your Digital Images (Milan (MI) District Library) - September 17th, 2020
   (Presentation Slides and Handouts) <http://hdl.handle.net/2027.42/162550>
   -

   Library Staff Program - Building a Digital Image Collection With Flickr:
   A low (or no) cost way to share your digital assets (NCompass Live) - April
   12th, 2017 (Presentation Slides and Handouts
   <http://hdl.handle.net/2027.42/136226>) (Program Recording
   <https://nlc.nebraska.gov/scripts/calendar/eventshow.asp?ProgID=16172>)

--end--

I am planning to keep this up to date as the commercial options for
photographic storage change.

Realistically, I would be happy to do this virtually anywhere and could
schedule anytime over the next year or so.  I would also be happy to do
this in-person if you are close to Ann Arbor & Ypsilanti.  There would not
be any charge for a virtual presentation.

I had fun presenting on this topic and would be happy to do it again for
your community.

Best wishes for the Fall.

Best - Corey

Corey Seeman

Director, Kresge Library Services (http://www.bus.umich.edu/kresgelibrary/)
Stephen M. Ross School of Business
University of Michigan
700 East University Avenue
Kresge Hall, 4th Floor East, Suite K4511
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1234

Cell Phone (734) 717-9734
cseeman at umich.edu

Twitter @cseeman
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8205-1255
Corey's Web Home: https://sites.google.com/view/squirrelman/home
[image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image: ][image:
][image: ][image: ]