[Michlib-l] Digitization Programming at Midwest Archives Conference Fall Symposium - November 4 & 5

Gallo, Biz (MDE) GalloB at michigan.gov
Mon Sep 13 09:18:47 EDT 2021

The Midwest Archives Conference (MAC) is holding its Fall Symposium, Local Collections in the Digital Age<https://www.midwestarchives.org/2021-fall-symposium>, virtually on November 4 & 5.

<https://www.midwestarchives.org/2021-fall-symposium>The symposium features several programs focused on digitization and digital initiatives in local history collections, which may be of interest to many of you. See below for more details:

About the Symposium

Archives in public libraries, colleges and universities, and historical societies are the locus of where local history is found. As part of their communities, they document and share what defines and characterizes a place. As the profession has more generally sought how to make the collections we build more diverse, inclusive, responsive and relevant, approaches and tools have changed. More often than not, those tools and approaches involve technology in some way.  With a focus on digital collecting and digital storytelling, this symposium will focus on how the Digital Age and technology have changed what and how we collect and how we share those collections.

Registration

Register online<https://midwestarc.memberclicks.net/2021macfallsymposiumregistration>. The deadline for cancellations is October 21, 2021.

Biz Gallo

Statewide Digitization Initiatives Coordinator

Library of Michigan, 702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI 48915
GalloB at michigan.gov<mailto:GalloB at michigan.gov> | 517-335-1402

she/her/hers

Discover digital collections from cultural institutions throughout the state at Michigan Memories<https://michmemories.org/>!

Find out more about preserving Michigan's digital cultural heritage through Michigan Digital Preservation Network<http://mipres.org/>!