[Michlib-l] Mid-Michigan Digital Practitioners Fall 2021 Meeting -- Call for Proposals

Whitledge, Bryan R whitl1br at cmich.edu
Fri Sep 17 10:45:25 EDT 2021

Mid-Michigan Digital Practitioners Fall Meeting

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Virtual via Zoom

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. Go to the event registration form: https://bit.ly/mmdp-reg-f21<https://bit.ly/mmdp-reg-f21%20> REGISTRATION IS FREE.

The Mid Michigan Digital Practitioners (MMDP) will convene for its next meeting on Thursday December 2, 2021, via Zoom.

As with all of our meetings, we will bring together a wide range of professionals and students engaged in creating and curating digital collections in Michigan and the surrounding region, including librarians, archivists, museum curators, historians, students, educators, and more. The goal of this meeting will be to provide an opportunity for regular and committed attendees of MMDP to come together with new and interested professionals and make connections.

Bring a Question, Bring a Friend

We will be holding an open forum at which anyone can bring questions to everyone attending. This is a great opportunity to bring a colleague or a friend, especially one who has never been to an MMDP meeting before. Draw on the expertise of fellow digital practitioners across the state and walk away with some tips to help you with a digital project. Whether it is digitization, metadata, intellectual property and rights management, writing an electronic records policy, web archiving, or working with specific tools like ContentDM, ArchivesSpace, MARCedit, and others, we are here to help.

Proposals

The MMDP Planning Group invites you to send your proposal for our December meeting. Proposals can be for presentations (15-60 minutes), 'birds-of-a-feather' discussion topics (20-30 minutes), demonstrations (10 minutes), lightning talks (5 minutes), or a virtual poster. This is a great opportunity to reuse a poster shared at another conference or share one that may have been canceled. We welcome proposals from anyone, but are particularly interested in proposals from smaller institutions and students!

As always, we welcome proposals for demos, talks, or posters on a wide range of topics, including (but not limited to):

  *   Collaboration
  *   New Workflows or Process Instigated by COVID-19
  *   ArchivesSpace
  *   Digital Preservation
  *   Hydra/Hyku/Samvera
  *   Electronic Records Management
  *   Storage Solutions
  *   Cataloging and Metadata (including cross-walks)
  *   Cloud Platforms
  *   APIs
  *   Personal Digital Archiving
  *   Accessibility
  *   Diversity and Inclusion
  *   Digital Curation Tools
  *   Digital Humanities
  *   Marketing Strategies
  *   Media Standards, Tools, and Formats
  *   Strategies for Digital Preservation on a Budget

To submit a proposal, please complete the form with your idea: https://bit.ly/mmdp-cfp-f21. We will adjust our agenda to fit the submitted proposals or suggest changes to the presenters. If you have any questions, please send us an email (midmichdp at gmail.com<mailto:midmichdp at gmail.com>).

Proposal Evaluation The Planning Group will review the proposals and come up with an agenda for the MMDP meeting.

Please submit proposals before Friday, November 5th for the MMDP Meeting on December 2, 2021. Individuals with proposals chosen for inclusion in the Fall MMDP Meeting will be notified by the end of business on Friday, November 12th.

Details about the fall meeting will be posted at our website, MidMichDP.wordpress.com<http://MidMichDP.wordpress.com>. Also, follow us on twitter @midmichdp. We look forward to seeing you virtually this fall/winter!