[Michlib-l] .lib.mi.us Domain Change

Tamara Denby tdenby at clinton.lib.mi.us
Mon Sep 20 12:51:11 EDT 2021

Hello to my esteemed colleagues!

I am reaching out to you in the hope that someone on this listserve will be
able to help me solve an ongoing problem for our library. It's regarding
our domain, which ends in the following: lib.mi.us. The full domain is
clinton.lib.mi.us

I have tried contacting the Library of Michigan and the administrators of
Ploud (our previous website platform) to no avail. I have also used several
registrar search tools to attempt to locate who manages the domains, also
unsuccessfully. A U.S. Whois search produces no results. Same with ICANN. I
don't know what to try next.

Any suggestions? I am attempting to get the domain pointed to our current
website. A google search still ranks our old website high on search
results, which causes a lot of confusion.

I would appreciate any and all insight anyone can provide!

Many thanks,
--
Tamara Denby
Clinton Township Public Library - Lenawee