[Michlib-l] Last call for the EveryLibrary 5k Your Way team for Michigan MAME

Klaudia Janek kjanek at bloomfield.org
Wed Sep 29 11:56:53 EDT 2021

Hello Michigan Library Friends!
Look at me.  I made a video.  I'm totally putting myself out there for the
cause.  It's not something I love to do...but there it is:
https://youtu.be/2w0ZBtVjjmk

Thank you to those of you who have joined the Michigan MAME team.  This is
the final week.  Please consider joining.  Part of the money raised will go
towards supporting the Michigan School Library bills.  Part of the money
goes towards other EveryLibrary initiatives. Sometimes social media is not
enough and EveryLibrary needs actual money to make things happen.  I think
we are closer than ever before with the media attention school
libraries have been getting.  If you promoted it 3 years ago, it needs to
be signed and promoted again.  And EveryLibrary needs money.  The 5K Your
Way event supports all of this and gets our name out there.
https://www.saveschoollibrarians.org/three_bills_mi_2021  (only 317 people
have sent emails in support of school libraries)

We were the #1 team and we have dropped to 5th place.  Help us get back to
the number #1 spot.  Here is all the information to join or donate:
https://www.smore.com/cs48d

I'll be out running this weekend.  But you can read for 5000 seconds ;) Or
do 5K of anything.  Steps doing yardio???  Floating across a lake?
Ohhhhh...how about 5000 milliliters of wine drinking???  Just remember to
take a picture and email it to me.  kjanek at bloomfield.org  Or upload it
yourself on the Team Page:
https://everylibrary.securesweet.com/teampage.asp?fundid=1373#.YVSKgrhKiUk

This is also a great way to promote our library ecosystem!!!  Public,
University and School libraries!!!!  We need everyone.  Go Michigan
Libraries!!!

Thank you.
(stepping off my soapbox)
Klaudia

Klaudia Janek, MLIS

*School Librarian*

*IB Extended Essay Coordinator*

*Michigan Association for Media in Education - 2018 Past President*

*2019-2020 AASL Presidential Task Force - Equity, Diversity & Inclusion*

248 341 5925

https://libresbooksmi.blogspot.com/

--

*International Academy*