[Michlib-l] Free program "Trauma-Informed Librarianship" Friday April 22, 2022 (online, 2-4 pm)

Gary R. Cocozzoli gcocozzol at ltu.edu
Mon Apr 4 12:19:09 EDT 2022

The Southeastern Michigan League of Libraries, SEMLOL, is happy to announce
our Spring meeting and professional development session:

*“Trauma-Informed Librarianship:*

* Ensuring Our Patrons’ Comfort and Safety.” *

Our meeting will be held via Zoom on April 22, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00
p.m.. Please follow this link
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/trauma-infomed-librarianship-registration-304045567477>
to our EventBrite page and sign up for this no cost session.

(flyer is attached)

>"What does Trauma-Informed Librarianship mean, and why should libraries be
a part of it?
Marna M. ClowneyRobinson, University of Michigan

>"Designing instruction for survivors of loss: lessons from a course on
end-of-life healthcare"
Jarrod Irwin, Eastern Michigan University

During this program, our presenters will talk about what it means to be
trauma-informed, why it is vital to the library’s role, and how to
incorporate this information in our practice. Please see the attached flier
for the schedule.

We welcome librarians from all types of libraries, as well as students and
professionals from outside the field to attend so we can share and learn
from each other how to best meet the needs of our library communities.
Please forward this invitation to anyone else you think may be interested
in attending.

After the presentations,we will hold  a short business meeting, including a
comment session for feedback on our new governance guidelines. (attached
for you to preview here)
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YkahYthrf9_MlEvVryio36lW0qG6rsGcMiOV1aP1KhA/edit?usp=sharing>

We look forward to seeing you on April 22 and hearing your voice concerning
the future of our organization!

*SEMLOL Executive Board  South East Michigan League of Libraries*

Amy Seipke - Chair, Executive Board

P.S. If you are receiving this as a forward please come to
https://www.freelists.org/list/semlol-l to add yourself to our mailing list
in order to receive updates on our activities.

Gary R. Cocozzoli
Director of the Library
Lawrence Technological University
248-204-3000