[Michlib-l] ALA members: Last Chance! Cast Your Vote for the ALA 2022 election by 4/6/22

Jennifer Dean jldean at umich.edu
Tue Apr 5 13:29:34 EDT 2022

Greetings -

ALA members - if you have not yet voted in the ALA election, you still have
time!

Voting ends at 11:59 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, April 6, 2022. So - we
get three whole extra hours in the middle of the night to vote here in EST!

ALA members should have received an email directly from the ALA Governance
Office with a direct link and credentials to vote. This email is unique to
each ALA member, and will allow you to vote in the elections for ALA
generally and any other ALA unit of which you are a member. If you have not
received a notification, please contact governance at ala.org.

We have the opportunity to support one of MI's own for ALA Councilor at
Large! John Clexton, Executive Director, Gladwin County District Library,
is on the ballot. You can read more about him, including his Statement of
Professional Concern, using the ALA Council Candidate Sorter linked below.
Choose MI, then scroll down and over. Thank you for running, John!

For more information on the election and the candidates, please visit:
https://www.ala.org/aboutala/governance/alaelection

For information on elections for divisions, round tables, and ethnic
caucuses, please refer to each unit's website or ALA Connect space.

The ALA division Core (a voted merger of ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA) has
created an ALA Council Candidate Sorter for the 2022 election. With so many
candidates to choose from for Councilor at Large positions, you may find
this helpful. I did! You can find candidates who are Spectrum Scholars or
Emerging Leaders, as well as who is running by division, round table,
ethnic caucus, library type, and state. You may find the sorter here:
http://alacoreservices.org/elections/2022_council_sorter.html

If you have ALA-related questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to
contact me. I hope all is well in your world!

Jennifer Dean
MLA Board of Directors - ALA Councilor, 2021-2022

--
Jennifer L. Dean - PhD, MLIS
Director, Frances Willson Thompson Library
jldean at umich.edu

*Pronouns: she/her/hers*
*Pronounced: JEH-nih-fuhr deen*