[Michlib-l] Juvenile Nonfiction - American History

Justine Peterson sevilletownshiplibrary at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 13:37:05 EDT 2022

Hello all!

We're doing some spring cleaning in the form of weeding--especially our
Non-fiction sections. At the moment, I've pulled PILES of outdated American
History books, all from the late 1950s -1960s that were added into our
collection in 2017 through donation or a (very) old book sale.

I'm not sure where to start, but I know we need American History.
Pocahontas, Paul Revere, anything about the Revolutionary or Civil
Wars--really anything! What items in your Juvenile Nonfic collection do you
highly recommend?

(Honestly, even if it's not about America, I'd love to hear what other
libraries find valuable to their nonfic collections!)

Thanks!
*Justine Peterson*
(She/her)
Library Director