[Michlib-l] Library Marketing Website

Katie Rothley krothley at northvillelibrary.org
Fri Apr 15 11:39:40 EDT 2022

Hello all!

I just wanted to thank everyone for taking my recent marketing survey, and if you haven't yet and are interested in adding your two-cents (it's a brief, 4Q survey monkey) here's the link: [ https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FHWVD6G | https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FHWVD6G ]

I'm building a google website specifically on Library Marketing, in which I am determined to use the results from my survey to provide resources and information for libraries. And it's not for my work, so I'm adding content when I can (frequently but not on a consistent schedule). I wanted to share it with you all, just go here: [ https://www.thelibrarianmarketer.org/ | https://www.thelibrarianmarketer.org/ ]

I'm happy to have any contributions as well, and will credit you; I'm not making money off of this, or seeking to make money off of it, and I'm certainly not a genius when it comes to marketing, or website building, but I strongly believe in helping others and sharing whenever possible - especially for libraries who are not able to invest more time, staff or other resources into this. It's also super fun because I've been reading marketing books and taking advantage of MeLcat. Anyway, if you would like to provide your content, you can submit examples, success stories, images, "articles", and other content to my website email address: [ mailto:info at thelibrarianmarketer.org | info at thelibrarianmarketer.org ] and I'll post it on the website. I've also created a Facebook page as well under The Librarian Marketer. You're also welcome to make suggestions for content, ask questions, and anything else that comes to mind.

I know there are other awesome resources out there (Super Library Marketing with Angela Hursh, to name one), but my main reason for doing this is to have free examples in one location that libraries can then download or copy and edit to include their branding, messages and other pertinent information. Maybe even have events later down the road.

Thanks. Have a great weekend! (please excuse my cross-posting)

Katie

Katie Rothley, MLIS
Marketing & Public Relations Librarian
Northville District Library