[Michlib-l] Library Director Opportunity!

Brian Mortimore mortimoreconsulting at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 21:27:16 EDT 2022

Library Director Opportunity!

The Lincoln Township Public Library (LTPL) resides in beautiful
Stevensville Michigan, a stone's throw away from Lake Michigan and all the
outdoor recreation this shoreline community has to offer.

LTPL is ready for its next Director to lead the library towards new
endeavors, new levels of engagement, with a commitment to the future, while
maintaining an eye on its past.  Established in 1938 by the Stevensville
Women’s Club, the Staff and Board of Directors are dedicated to maintaining
a library that is relevant to its community and is seeking its next Library
Director.

Who do we seek?  You are a proven leader (or an emerging leader) with a
demonstrated history of success.  You drive the bus, fully capable of
taking directions from those in the seats behind you (I.e., trustees,
staff, the public), while also charting new roads to engage community
leaders, board members, staff, and volunteers on your journey.  You have driven
the bus in the past to promote e-books, streaming services, community
collaboration, or other initiatives that resulted in programming that
brings people to your library, helping them to understand the value of
their library while enhancing the quality of their lives.  You drive the bus
throughout the community in a manner that is highly visible and intriguing
to others.  You stop frequently to let community leaders board the bus to
celebrate and embrace involvement in their library – your library (I.e.,
you have a keen sense of ownership for its success and help to steer the bus
towards opportunity and success).  You build support in all your
interactions, exposing people to new ideas and experiences.  The library
(I.e., your bus) is a safe place for young people from schools to visit
daily where they may engage in the summer reading program or various
programs that might address their social needs.

Who are we?  With a service population of 22,905, LTPL's physical footprint
occupies 25,000 square feet.  LTPL experiences approximately 40,000
visitors, over 150 programs, and over 366,000 items in circulation per year.
The current collection is characterized as 78.5% of physical collection,
16.7% of e-books, 4.8% downloadable of audio/visual.

LTPL is a member of the Southwest Michigan Library Cooperative, a
consortium of 95 partner libraries throughout the region.

Compensation ranges from $70,000 to $80,000 with a full benefit package.

Information and Application.  A copy of the job description can be
found at:Employment
Opportunities – Lincoln Township Public Library (lincolntownshiplibrary.org)
<https://lincolntownshiplibrary.org/employment/> .  Minimum qualifications
include three or more years of progressive library experience, preferably
in a director or supervisory role, along with an MLIS degree.  Interested
applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
MortimoreConsulting at gmail.com with “Lincoln Twp.” in the subject line.

All applicants will be contacted, and phone interviews are scheduled
immediately.  If interested, do not delay in contacting
MortimoreConsulting at gmail.com.

Learn more about the beautiful community of Stevensville at this link:
 Stevensville