[Michlib-l] 1,000 Books before Kindergarten

Mary Beth Reasoner mbreasoner at tecumsehlibrary.org
Tue Aug 2 18:44:05 EDT 2022

Dear Stephanie and all -

 Tecumseh District Library started the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
program this spring.
 The easiest way to describe how our program works is for you to look on
the Children's Page of our website:
 https://www.tecumsehlibrary.org/Pages/Index/30443/childrens-home-page

 Remember that every library tweaks the program described at
https://1000booksbeforekindergarten.org/ to fit their own situation.  I
know that we did!

 When parents pick up their packet, I remind them that this program is not
a race or a contest!

 I will tell you that it is a program full of happiness when the family
picks up their packet and each time the child comes in for their first Brag
Tag and then each Brag Tag thereafter! They are so excited! And my
colleagues at the Circulation Desk and I make a big deal out of each
visit!

 I decided not to give out anything other than the Brag Tags, because
nothing else is really needed for their feeling of success.  The Brag Tags
themselves seem to make everyone happy!  (Plus, our library kids get enough
prizes during the Summer Reading Program!)

 If you would like more information about our program, please feel free to
contact me at mbreasoner at tecumsehlibrary.org

 Best wishes,
 Mary Beth

 Mary Beth Reasoner