[Michlib-l] Question about virtual presenters from foreign countries

Glenn Fischer gfischer at cromaine.org
Thu Aug 4 14:59:13 EDT 2022

Hi, All -

I'm wondering how to pay a foreign presenter to do a virtual presentation
via Zoom? For example, when you want to hire a presenter from Norway to
present via Zoom and they have a speaker fee. For our in-person presenters,
we collect W-9 information in case we need to send them a 1099. How would
this work with someone out of the country who doesn't have a U.S. Social
Security number or tax ID?

If you have any experience with this, please let me know how you handled
it. I'm happy to aggregate and share responses, if I get any.

Thank you for any advice you can provide,

Glenn Fischer
----------
Glenn Fischer
*My Pronouns: He/Him - See www.mypronouns.org