[Michlib-l] MLA letter

Melissa Huisman mhuisman at hudsonville.org
Mon Aug 8 09:28:27 EDT 2022

Hi!  Just to clarify, if you caught it in MLA's great email - the Patmos Library is in Jamestown township, not the City of Hudsonville.  (Their post office can only handle P.O. boxes, so they use our post office.  Hence, the address.)

If you do contact the media, as MLA suggests  - I'd be grateful if you make that distinction.

Thankfully, our City officials are very pro-library and supportive.   We'll do all we can to educate the Patmos library cardholders, many of whom use our two libraries interchangeably - at least for now.  Once their doors close, even that will not be possible.

Here is the info from the letter in question:  "The Patmos Library serves many purposes - simultaneously a community center, voting precinct, history center, a place to read, gather, socialize, study and learn - a beautiful cultural institution in the heart of Hudsonville.

Thanks to MLA for the information and support.

[cid:image002.png at 01D8AB09.11928520]
Contact me:
mhuisman at hudsonville.org<mailto:mhuisman at hudsonville.org> :: 616-669-1255 x 5