[Michlib-l] Insurance for Groups Using Meeting Rooms

Mark Morton director at lelandlibrary.org
Wed Aug 10 10:38:31 EDT 2022

Do any of you have a policy requiring groups to have insurance that "hold
harmless" the library for events that they may have in your meeting room?
Our meeting room is owned by our township but is attached to, and managed
by, the library. For larger groups that may want to use a township park,
they may be required to have hold harmless insurance for that event. Now
the township is wondering if they need to require it for the meeting room.
Somehow I don't think we are going to get a group like the Wednesday
Mahjongers to have a million dollar liability insurance binder so I'm
wondering if any of you have a meeting room policy that covers this, or
some kind of disclaimer that gets signed when a group wants to reserve your
meeting room?
I will be happy to compile replies if anyone is interested.

Mark

--
*Mark Morton*
Director