[Michlib-l] Hiring minors

Sarah Skinner sarah at bridgmanlibrary.com
Fri Dec 2 10:56:50 EST 2022

Hello, Library Land!

We are looking into hiring a high school kid as a page. He is only 15 and I
am wondering how you all handle minors in the workplace? I downloaded the
brochure from the Michigan Dept. of Labor and it seems like it's OK if they
get a work permit from their school and are scheduled nights and weekends
(i.e. outside of school hours).

My question is this: do you currently have minors employed in your library?
Is there anything else I need to know if we decide to hire this young man
as a page?

Thank you for your collective knowledge and advice!
--
Kind regards,
Sarah Skinner, Director (she/her)