[Michlib-l] Oxford Public Library to Open December 12

Bryan Cloutier bcloutier at miopl.org
Thu Dec 8 11:45:25 EST 2022

Colleagues:

Thank you for all your kind words of support these past few weeks.  We really appreciate it.

A lot of people have been working very hard to restore our building after the fire-we are grateful to all of them.  We expect to be able to take possession of our building this Friday, December 9.  Our HVAC company craned into position our new rooftop units on Tuesday, December 6.  Our new boilers are already operational, along with our new building management system.  Our management team and I are now working with our staff to have everything and everyone back in place to re-open to the public on Monday, December 12.  It has been a very turbulent ride at times, but there is finally light at the end of our tunnel.  Many lessons learned here, but none that we certainly care to ever have to go through again.

Our Head of Support Services, Jackie Seimer, worked with TLN to coordinate and reinstate all the remaining moving parts needed to get delivery and Oxford catalogue functionality operational again in time for re-opening.  Special thank you to all of our neighbors who picked up the slack in our absence.  We can't thank you enough.

Regards,

Bryan J. Cloutier
Director & CEO, Oxford Public Library

Oxford Public Library