[Michlib-l] MI PR Group meeting next January 17

Kelly Rembert krembert at southfieldlibrary.org
Thu Dec 8 17:09:51 EST 2022

Hi Everyone,

The MI PR Group was created to bring Michigan library marketers together to share successes, learn from non-successes and to tackle industry issues together. Whether your job title is "Marketing", or promotion is just one of many hats you wear, this group is here to support you!

We are skipping our December meeting but will be back on Tuesday, January 17 at 10am on Zoom.

We have Barb Williams from the Library of Michigan as our special guest.  She will be presenting: Data & Design: Best Design Practices for your Data.

Data is a powerful tool for libraries. However, many fail to grab the attention of their stakeholders with visually unappealing charts and graphs. Strong design can enhance data and create a clearer message. This presentation will focus on design practices of data visualization. It will cover concepts such as design techniques to enhance readability and eye appeal.
About the speaker(s): Barbara Williams is the Library Development Analyst for the Library of Michigan. Previously, she has worked as an Adult Services Librarian at Kent District Library for 10 years. She holds a BFA from Grand Valley State University in Art and Design and a MLIS from University of Washington. Barb combines her skills in art and design and library science to visualize data for Library of Michigan.

Southfield Public Library is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/94569476199?pwd=aVVBV2J5aXlEcDAxZk9vMkRjZ280Zz09

Meeting ID: 945 6947 6199
Passcode: 152088
One tap mobile
+13017158592,,94569476199#,,,,*152088# US (Washington DC)
+13126266799,,94569476199#,,,,*152088# US (Chicago)

Dial by your location
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)