[Michlib-l] Social Media Record Retention

Addison Township Public Library addisontwplibrary at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:14:00 EST 2022

Hi Director Schoon,

I'm Kiki, the social media coordinator at Addison Twp. We recently received
a sales call from a company talking about social media records and FOIA, so
I'm wondering if your library received a call too?

Since our social media accounts are public, our entire posting history can
be accessed by anyone, anytime. As far as I know, no management company is
needed.

In my opinion, employing basic proactive, protective measures concerning
legal issues is the most important thing to consider. For example, use
photography release forms if you post photos of people, include "alt text"
on all photos, etc.

Thanks,

Kiki Greve
Addison Twp Public Library