[Michlib-l] Looking for Program Partners - 48 hour Spark Joy Program

Carla Rumsey, Director, Vermontville Township Library vermontvillelibrary at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 14:05:37 EST 2022

We would be interested in sharing this with our patrons.

Carla Rumsey

Director
Vermontville Township Library
120 E First Street
P.O. Box G
Vermontville, MI 49096
http://vmtlib.michlib.org

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Chelsey Boss via Michlib-l
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 7:53 PM
To: michlib-l at mcls.org
Subject: [Michlib-l] Looking for Program Partners - 48 hour Spark Joy Program

Hello Library Land,

I am looking for a few libraries that would like to partner together for Shannon Huneycutt's 48 hour Spark Joy Program in the springtime (April-May). There is no limit on the number of attendees for this program.

The cost of the program is $400 with an option to add-on a 15 minute live Q&A session for an additional $50. Shannon allows up to 6 libraries to partner together to share the cost.

Let me know if you are interested, below is the program description from Shannon.

The 48-hour Spark Joy Program Includes:

A custom viewing page to which your staff and patrons will have access for 48 hours. They can visit the page and view the presentation and perks on their own time.

A 60-minute recorded presentation in which participants will learn the philosophy behind the KonMari Method and discover what it means to live a life that Sparks Joy. We will dive into the guiding principles needed to tidy once and for all! Attendees will leave feeling energized and motivated to Spark Joy in their space and create the home and life they’ve always dreamed of.

A folding demonstration in which attendees will practice the famous KonMari vertical folding technique. Attendees will be asked to have a t-shirt and a pair of pants with them during the presentation. The folding links will be provided for attendees to download.

Attendees will receive a Spark Joy Charlotte tidying checklist that breaks apart the KonMari categories, making it easier to apply the method in their homes. I reference this checklist many times as I teach the attendees the given categories and provide helpful tips for executing the Joy check. (Plus a few of my favorite storage solutions!)

I will have a giveaway. One attendee will win a virtual Jumpstart guide to help them get started on their journey.

A frequently asked questions section will share my insight into some of the most common pitfalls when tidying.

Thank you,

Chelsey Boss
Assistant Director

Adrian District Library
143 E. Maumee St.
Adrian, MI 49221

517.265.2265 (o)
517.759.3195 (f)

Adrian’s place to connect, explore, and learn.