[Michlib-l] Power/automatic doors

Don Priest dpriest at southgate.lib.mi.us
Thu Feb 10 14:25:43 EST 2022

Hello fellow librarians, I am once again looking to pick the collective brain! I'm considering some power doors here, and would love your input on installing them, or if there's anything you wish you had known ahead of time, things to consider, regrets, etc. The project is really two parts, that I'm hoping to do all together:

1. Power doors, button activated, for the public bathrooms
2. Automatic doors, motion activated, for the main entrance (like a supermarket)

I'm in the very early stages, where I know nothing, so all insight and opinions are appreciated!

Donald Priest
Director
Southgate Veterans Memorial Library
14680 Dix-Toledo Rd.