[Michlib-l] Library Research Analyst position - Grand Rapids

Koscielniak, Kimberly kkoscielniak at wnj.com
Mon Feb 21 11:16:07 EST 2022

Please excuse cross-posting:

Good morning!

Warner Norcross + Judd LLP is looking for a Library Research Analyst to work in our Grand Rapids office. This would be a great position for someone starting out in the field of law librarianship or who would like a challenging job where you really get to do a bit of everything! Details are posted below and on the Warner website<https://www.wnj.com/>.

Thanks for taking time to consider!

Kim

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D82713.91BB4220]

Kimberly Koscielniak | Research Services Manager
Warner Norcross + Judd LLP
150 Ottawa Ave. NW, Suite 1500, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
d 616.752.2406 |

This email and any attachments are solely for the confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or act in reliance on it or any attachments. If you received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by email, and promptly delete this email and any attachments.

The attorney-client and work product privileges are not waived by the transmission of this email.

Warner Norcross + Judd LLP<https://www.wnj.com/> has an immediate opening for a  Library Research Analyst to join our Grand Rapids office. This position is responsible for assisting the Research Services Manager with the firm's research capabilities and supporting firm members with their legal research needs.

For details on the position and to apply, please see https://www.wnj.com/Careers/Paralegals-Support-Staff.  The Research Analyst will:

Analyze Library use and research data and create summary reports

*
          Submit Library invoices to Accounting for payment; maintain departmental accounting records

*
          Reconcile monthly library credit card statements

*
          Order research materials as requested and troubleshoot delivery and distribution issues

*
          Open, sort, and distribute Library mail or assist other support staff in doing so

*
          Update the Library catalog and intranet pages under the Research Services Manager's direction

*
          Maintain computerized circulation records, check library material in and out, and retrieve print materials when updates are needed

*
          Assist with loose-leaf filing and pocket parts as requested

*
          Assist with maintenance of physical collections and subscriptions in other firm offices - may require periodic travel to regional firm offices (own transportation required)

*
          Conduct introductory training for firm members not requiring legal research resources or instruction

*
          Participate in training sessions for new attorneys, summer associates, paralegals, and other groups requiring access to library materials as requested

*
          Retrieve materials from legal research databases as requested

*
          Assist with retrieving articles and performing research for legal purposes and for firm administrative departments

*
          Support current research, training and knowledge management practices by creating training materials as needed under the direction of the Research Services Manager

*
          Conduct public and court records research, following all relevant data privacy laws and regulations

*
          Assist with research account set up, de-activation, retrieval of user names and resetting passwords

*
          Communicate with legal research vendors as requested to resolve access and functionality issues

Experience, Education and Training

1.       Degree in Library or Information Science preferred.
2.       Knowledge of legal research methods.
3.       Familiarity with specialized subject research platforms and resources a plus.

About WNJ
By providing discerning and proactive legal advice, Warner Norcross + Judd builds a better partnership with its clients. Warner is a full service corporate law firm with 220+ attorneys practicing in nine offices throughout Michigan: Bloomfield Hills, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Holland, Kalamazoo, Lansing, Macomb, Midland and Muskegon. To learn more, visit www.wnj.com<http://www.wnj.com>, follow us on Twitter @WNJLLP or connect on LinkedIn or Facebook.

EEO Statement
Warner Norcross + Judd LLP is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. Everyone is encouraged to bring their "whole selves" to work. We are committed to building a firm that reflects the diversity of the clients and communities we serve. We can foster inclusion and equity by moving beyond barriers and rejecting stereotypes based on gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and veteran status. The result is a high performing team of professionals providing excellent service to our clients.